- by vinux
Are glass tea sets good? Glass tea sets for making tea is common, and the glass cups are inexpensive yet beautiful, which is welcomed by many consumers. Of course, there are some shortcomings of glass tea sets as well. There are advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a closer look below.
The advantages of glass teaware:
1. Transparent – easily able to view the quality and colour of tea inside
2. Heat resistant – can handle boiling water without being damaged
3. Non-porous – does not absorb flavours or odours, making it a great choice for multiple types of tea
4. Durable – usually won’t crack or break when dropped
5. Easy to clean and maintain
The main advantages of glass teaware include the following aspects:
The appearance is dazzling. Glass is transparent in texture and has strong plasticity, so the tea sets made of glass have various shapes and shine brightly.
2. Brewing tea can be accompanied by a tea-dance. The glass teaware has a transparent texture, when brewing tea, you can directly observe the beautiful posture of the tea leaves floating in the cup, and at the same time, the vivid color of the tea soup is also clearly visible.
3. Maximum preservation of tea aroma. Glass teaware has high density, small porosity and low water absorption, which does not absorb the taste of tea either, so different teas will not mix flavors. Brewing delicate green tea with glass teaware will not easily absorb the tea aroma, retaining its crisp original flavor.
4. Easy to clean. Glass teaware is easy to clean after making tea, with no residue of taste.
Glass teaware is cost-effective as it is produced in bulk, thus the cost is low compared to other teawares. In most cases, its price is lower than other teawares and it is convenient to purchase.
The disadvantages of glass teaware:
– Easily broken
– Fragile material
– Not ideal for retaining heat
The texture is fragile. Glass teaware has a fragile texture, so it is possible to damage it accidentally during the tea-making process.
Glass teaware is hotter than porcelain, purple sand, metal and other teaware. It is not appropriate to pick up the freshly brewed tea directly with your hands when pouring it into a glass cup, which is its disadvantage.
Most glass teaware is mass-produced (with a few exceptions), with weak craftsmanship and low artistic value, making them not very valuable for collection.
Glass teaware is suitable for making tea.
The main teas suitable for making in glass teaware include grass flower tea, black tea, green tea, Puer tea, fruit tea, health-care tea and craft flower tea, as well as coffees. They have a high ornamental value and interesting features. If you like to appreciate the color of the brewed tea soup, the shape of the tea leaves and how they float while brewing, then glass teaware is your best choice.
High-end famous tea, especially green tea, should be brewed with a transparent glass cup. Brewing and watching the color and shape of the tea at the same time, drinking it makes for an interesting experience. Black tea, especially broken black tea, is best brewed in a high glass cup to make the bright red soup more attractive with an exotic flavor.
Using glass tea sets to brew tea, combining color, fragrance and taste in one cup to satisfy people’s needs for drinking and appreciating tea, is an excellent choice for pursuing classical and fashionable aesthetics, and is an indispensable instrument for a healthy life. Modern glass teaware has seen great development; the glass material is transparent, shiny and eye-catching with great plasticity in shape and wide application.
To sum up, the glass tea ware has both advantages and disadvantages. However, overall it is still a good choice for making tea as it can help with heat dissipation and temperature control, preserving the original flavor of the tea leaves.