- by vinux
1. Fill the teaware with warm water.
2. Add a few drops of detergent or some baking soda into the teaware,
3. Gently scrub the inside with a soft cloth or a small brush and rinse with warm water.
4. Let air-dry and store after use.
The tea soup is delicious, the teaware is exquisite, and the teahouse is elegant. If it is done in an unclean environment, the mood of tasting tea will also be greatly affected. Tea utensils have been around for a long time and inevitably get contaminated with tea scale. If you don’t pay attention to cleaning and drying, bacteria can easily grow. In addition to teapots and teacups, there are many things on the tea table that are easy to hide dirt and dirt, so we must pay attention to regular cleaning, otherwise it will pollute the tea soup oh, here are some methods for cleaning teaware.
Tea trays come in metal, bamboo and wood, or stone. Whether for storing water or draining water, some of the corners and edges of tea trays tend to accumulate tea stains easily, making them unsightly. For draining trays, their drainage pipes and water buckets should also be cleaned regularly to avoid clogging.
After each time done with making tea, tidy up the tea sets, and wipe the table with a wet cloth and a dry cloth respectively.
Some gaps and corners of the tea tray should be brushed with a small amount of baking soda periodically, then rinsed clean with water.
3. The water pipe can be cleared with coarse iron wire, or special tea scale cleaning agent can be put in, and several times of hot water can be injected for cleaning.
Teapot, Tea Cup
Teapot and teacup are in direct contact with the tea soup, which is directly drunk into the mouth. Tea set should be washed clean with clean water after each use, preferably boiled with boiling water, and placed in a ventilated place to dry. However, tea sets will inevitably get stained with tea scale over time. In fact, some simple household items can easily wash them clean.
1. Baking soda powder can be found in the supermarket for noodles and pasta. Pour a bit onto the stained area and scrub with a cloth, it will easily remove the dirt.
2. Coke, soda and other drinks can be used as detergents to clean containers with tea scale and water scale, because the acid substances in the drinks will have a decomposition reaction with the dirt.
The tea stains on the glass cup can be washed clean with a toothbrush dipped in toothpaste.
Lazy people can use special teapot scale remover for soaking the teaware without scrubbing, just flush it.
After using the purple sand teapot, clean it in time. Rinse it with boiling water and air-dry it. Do not use detergent or brush to wash so as not to damage the patina formed by keeping the pot.
Clean the tea strainer, besides rinsing off visible debris with boiling water, there are also many unseen tea scales on the fine mesh. Especially those with a nylon filter layer, they have the advantage of finer mesh but easily accumulate tea scales and breed bacteria after long-term use.
1. Dip a soft bristle toothbrush in baking soda, then gently brush the filter to clean it.
If a metal teapot has been stained by tea scale, it can be soaked in vinegar for half an hour and then scrubbed with a toothbrush.
If the tea strainer has been used for a long time and the filter is aging, it is suggested to replace the filter with a piece of cheesecloth.
In a humid environment, tea towels are very easily become warmbeds for microorganisms to parasitize.
After each use, rinse the tea towel separately with hot water and dry it.
After using for a period of time, it is recommended to do a thorough cleaning with detergent regularly.
Like ordinary towels, if used frequently, it is best to replace it with a new one after 2-3 months.
The Six Virtues of the Tea Ceremony:
1. Respect (Rei)
2. Purity (Jin)
3. Tranquility (Sei)
4. Harmony (Wa)
5. Courage (Chū)
6. Truthfulness (Shin)
It is not common to use the Six Gentlemen of Tea Ceremony, so it is inevitable that there will be dust and dirt accumulation. Especially the inner wall of the tea canister, which people usually do not clean. Or after cleaning the tea ceremony utensils, they are inserted into the tea canister without drying them first, and the damp and closed inner wall of the canister will become a paradise for moulds.
1. Clean the inner walls of the teapot regularly and air dry it. It is better to choose a hollow bamboo teapot.
Every wet tool should be cleaned and dried before being put into the bamboo tube, so as to avoid mixing dry and wet items and keep the inner wall of the bamboo tube dry.
3. Pay attention to bamboo products, do not wash with boiling water, and do not expose them to the sun.