- by vinux
1. Perfect combination of art and technology
2. Uniquely crafted and designed with traditional techniques
3. Crafted from a special purple sand that is highly valued for its texture, color and durability
4. Made exclusively for use in Chinese tea ceremonies
5. The ideal vessel for brewing fine Chinese teas due to its porous nature
6. Heat resistant, making it perfect for hot teas or boiling water without the risk of cracking or damage
7. Retains heat, making it perfect for retaining the flavor and aroma of brewed tea
8. Easy to clean and maintain with proper care and regular cleaning
9. Available in a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes to fit any décor
10. Highly sought after by collectors due to its beauty and craftsmanship
To brew good tea by using a purple sand teapot, one needs to master the nature of the tea and water temperature. Then the brewed tea will be of great flavor and keep its aroma for a long time.
“In the hot summer, tea brewed in a purple-sand pot does not spoil easily and does not develop an unpleasant taste, making it easier to clean without much effort.”
The purple sand pot has a unique double air-hole structure, which is very breathable and does not leak. Due to this characteristic, it can absorb tea juice, and after a long period of use, it can naturally accumulate “rust (tea mountain)” on the inside wall. Even without tea leaves, simply pouring boiling water into it can still make a faint aroma of tea.
The longer you use the purple sand tea set, the more glossy the teapot body will be. Wipe it with a dry cloth often to make it look more mellow and warm.
Purple sandware has good heat and cold resistance, and it will not easily crack due to sudden temperature changes even if boiling water is injected in cold days or during the twelfth lunar month.
6. The heat conduction of purple sand is slow, it is not easy to burn when used, and it has good thermal resistance, so it can be stewed on low heat.
The lid of the purple clay teapot is tight with very few gaps, which reduces the air flow containing moldy bacteria to the pipe head inside the pot, thus relatively extending the time for tea soup to deteriorate and beneficial to human health.
8. With a variety of colors of sand and mud, and without glazing, through the clever ideas of artists in past dynasties, various gorgeous colors and patterns can be created.
The plasticity of purple sand clay is high, which is not conducive to grouting and forming, but its forming techniques are varied, unlike the rotary forming methods such as hand-pulled blank, which is only limited to concentric circles. Therefore, the varieties of purple sand wares in shape can be called the first in the world.
Through “tea”, purple sand tea sets have formed a bond with literati and scholars, which has attracted many painters and poets to write poems and draw pictures on the pot body, expressing their feelings. This has further enhanced the artistic and humanitarian nature of purple sand ware.