- by vinux
1. The clay used to make Yixing teapots naturally absorbs the taste and fragrance of the tea, enhancing its flavor over time.
2. It is a porous material, allowing for an even and consistent infusion of tea leaves during brewing.
3. Its design allows for temperature control, ensuring that the tea does not get too hot or cold when brewing.
4. Yixing teapots are durable and can be used for many years with proper care.
The purple sand teapots are rising in the auction market, making them valuable collectibles. Masterpieces of famous artists are often hard to find. As the saying goes, “People’s jewels are not worth taking – Yixing purple sand is what one should take.” Purple sand teapots are unique handcrafted earthenware from China. The material used for production is purple mud, and its place of origin is Dingshu Town, Yixing City, Jiangsu Province, also known as Yixing Purple Sand Teapot.
Since the Zhengde period of the Ming Dynasty, purple sand pots have been made and outstanding craftsmen have emerged continuously for 500 years. It is said that the founder of the purple sand pot was Gong Chun in the Ming Dynasty. Because of the perfect combination of art and practicality, purple sand pot is so precious and memorable. In addition to the benefits of making tea with purple sand pot, and the culture of Zen tea, this adds a noble elegance to purple sand.
The advantages of using a Yixing purple clay teapot to make tea are:
1. The porousness of the teapot allows for better absorption of tea flavor and aroma.
2. It does not absorb odors from other ingredients, which helps preserve the natural taste of the tea.
3. The shape and texture of the teapot makes it easier to handle with precision when pouring and serving.
4. With proper maintenance, it will last longer than other materials used in making teapots, making it more economical in the long run.
Purple sand teapots are beloved by tea lovers for both their attractive design and many advantages when brewing tea.
Purple sand is a porous material with a double-porosity structure.
The spout is fine and dense. Brewing tea with a purple clay teapot preserves the original flavor.
The porcelain teapot has good air permeability.
Using it for tea making will not easily change the flavor, and no sour taste will linger when stored overnight in summer. Even if it is not used for a long time, there will be no lingering odors. As long as boiling water is stored first before using it, and immediately poured out, then rinse it into cold water to restore the original energy, the tea can still get its original flavor.
(3) Purple clay teapots can absorb tea juice.
The inner wall of the pot is not brushed, and there is no peculiar smell when making tea. Purple sand pot has been used for a long time, and the pot wall accumulates “tea rust”, so that even if boiling water is poured into the empty pot, it will also have tea scent. This is related to the certain porosity of the fetal material of purple sand pot, which is a unique quality of purple sand pot.
(4) The purple sand pot has good ability to quickly change between hot and cold.
In the cold winter and the twelfth lunar month, boiling water poured into the pot absolutely will not crack due to temperature change. Simultaneously, the sand material has slow heat transfer, so holding a teapot after making tea won’t burn one’s hands. It can also be placed on a simmer fire for heating without cracking due to fire.
Fifth, the longer purple sand is used, the better.
The color and luster of the pot body becomes more and more bright, with gentle charm. The purple clay teapot will become more smooth, glossy and lovely due to long-term use and touching and wiping. Therefore, Wen Long in “Tea Notes” said: “Mo Zhang Bao loves, not unlike palm beads. Used for a long time, the outside looks like purple jade, the inside is like blue clouds.” Yang Xian’s “Teapot Series” said: “After using the pot for a long time, wiping the mouth will add a faint light that can be seen.”
Purple sand pot: It is a typical handcrafted ceramic. It is a brilliant pearl in the Chinese ceramics garden. The material of purple sand pottery is special, and the clay has sandy texture. No glaze is applied inside and outside the pottery made. After firing, it mainly presents a purple-red color, thus it is called purple sand pottery. The forming process of purple sand pottery is special and hand forming is the main method. Its modeling styles are extremely rich, the color of pottery is simple and elegant, and poems, calligraphy and painting are often engraved on the surface of utensils as decoration, thus adding more scroll atmosphere to the modeling. It has become an practical art with elegant temperament and strong cultural tradition, reflecting Chinese people’s aesthetic awareness in a distinctive way.