- by vinux
1. Glass is a safe material for holding hot liquids without leaching any chemicals or toxins into the tea.
2. The transparency of glass allows tea drinkers to observe the colour and clarity of their brew.
3. Glass retains heat better than many other materials, allowing the drinker to enjoy their tea at a comfortable temperature for longer periods of time.
4. Teaware made from glass is quite attractive, giving a pleasing aesthetic to the tea-drinking experience.
What are the advantages of using a glass teapot for brewing tea? Glass teapots are often used to brew tea and are one of the most popular pieces of equipment. Let’s take a look at the benefits of using a glass teapot to make tea.
The benefits of using glass teaware to brew tea are:
1. Glass is non-reactive, so the flavor of the tea is not affected.
2. Glass teaware does not absorb odors or flavors from previous infusions, allowing for a clean taste with each brewing.
3. The transparency of glass allows you to easily monitor the color and clarity of the brewed tea, making it easier to control the strength and flavor of your tea.
Glass teaware is beneficial for brewing tea as it dissipates heat quickly, which helps to control the water temperature and preserve the original flavor of the tea leaves.
Of all the materials used to make cups, glass is the healthiest. Glass teaware is made of heat-resistant borosilicate glass which does not contain organic chemicals during the firing process. When people drink water or other beverages from a glass cup, they need not worry about chemical substances entering their bodies.
3. The glass surface is smooth and easy to clean, and bacteria and dirt are not easy to breed on the cup wall.
Among many glass tea sets, the most common one is the teacup. With a teacup, you can enjoy the color of the tea soup, the shape of the tea leaves and even the floating and drifting of the tea leaves when brewing – all at a glance.
What kind of tea is suitable for glass teaware?
Main types of tea suitable for glass teapots are grass flower tea, black tea, green tea, Pu-erh tea, fruit tea, health-care tea and craft flower tea etc., as well as coffee series. They have high ornamental and interesting value. If you like to appreciate the color of the brewed tea soup, the posture of the tea leaves, and the floating and sinking scenes during brewing process, then glass teapot is your best choice.
High-end famous teas, especially green teas, should be brewed in a transparent glass cup. While brewing, one can enjoy the color and shape of the tea and drinking it has its own kind of pleasure. For black tea, especially broken-leaf tea, a tall glass cup should be used to enhance the attractiveness of the reddish tea soup for an international flavor.
Using glass tea ware to make tea, combining color, aroma, and taste into one cup, it fully meets the needs of people who enjoy tea tasting. It is an excellent choice to pursue classical and fashion. It is also an indispensable item for a healthy life. Modern glass tea ware has made great progress. It has a transparent texture and shiny appearance with great plasticity in shape and wide usage.
Of course, glass teacups are fragile and easy to break, which is a shortcoming compared to ceramics. But this does not deter manufacturers who are considerate of consumers. For example, adding a plastic jacket outside the glass cup can increase resistance to pressure and impact. Combining glass with stainless steel can also make up for the shortcomings of glass tea sets in certain ways.
Here is the end of the content. Besides glassware, purple sand and ceramics, other teaware can be used for making tea. Depending on the type of tea, sometimes different teaware needs to be selected for optimal brewing. Pick a suitable teaware according to the characteristics of the tea when making it.